At Canna Relief, our educators are passionate about hemp CBD. One thing we’ve noticed is that many first-time users get confused over which products they should try. Fear not! Here are some tips to follow if you’re trying out hemp CBD.
- Start low, go slow. Think of this as a mantra for starting out with both CBD and cannabis! The whole point of starting low and working your way up doses is to determine what you need to feel relief.
- Consider an oil or low-dose edible to start off. Because we recommend starting at a low dose, try out a hemp-based CBD sublingual oil. That way, you can control the dosage through individual drops. Low-dose edibles are also a sound starting point; if you want, cut the edible in half to see how you feel first.
- Hemp CBD does not get you high. CBD from the hemp plant contains less than 0.3% THC. However, CBD from cannabis plants will contain more THC. To learn more about “getting high”, click here to read one of our our past posts.
- Understand what you’re purchasing. When you buy hemp CBD products, they may contain either: isolate CBD (containing ONLY CBD), broad spectrum CBD (CBD plus other cannabinoids without THC), or full spectrum CBD (containing CBD and all cannabinoids. including 0.3% THC).
- Know that CBD from hemp has been shown to help treat various conditions. CBD from both the hemp and cannabis plant can help with the following conditions and others: anxiety and depression; chronic conditions; migraines; glaucoma, arthritis; PMS and menopausal symptoms; gastrointestinal ailments; epilepsy. However, if you’re interested in using THC to help treat your condition, we highly recommend a medical cannabis prescription. Click here to read more about it.
If you have more questions about using hemp CBD, we’re here to help! Call our educators at 905-286-4420 for more hemp- and CBD-related advice.