Do you know when your fur baby is in pain?
According to PetMD, “Dogs feel pain just like humans do, but they don’t always show it in the same ways.”
When we suspect that our pooch is in pain, it can be a heartbreaking moment for the pet owner! Here are a few ways to determine if your dog is feeling discomfort:
- Panting often
- Licking/Biting body parts excessively
- Restless behavior
- Muscle twitches
- Moving slower than usual
- Refuses to take the stairs anymore
If you’re unsure about your pet’s behavior, we recommend visiting your vet to rule out underlying conditions. For many pets, pain can be caused by arthritis, infections, post-surgery issue, dental issues, sprains, and more. It’s not uncommon for pet owners to inquire about hemp CBD at Canna Relief. So, here’s some basic information if you’re considering this route for your pet:
- Hemp CBD is suitable for animals because it contains no THC or less than 0.3% THC. Higher levels of THC can hinder your dog’s health: “When your dog is exposed to THC, the gut absorbs it and stores it in bile – a fluid made by the liver. When your pup eats its next meal, the THC-loaded bile is secreted into the intestines. This re-exposes them,” confirms PetMD.
- Dogs also have an endocannabinoid system, which helps regulate the other body systems. Hemp CBD actively targets the endocannabinoid system in dogs and humans. When you give your dog hemp CBD, you might notice some pain relief, as well as less anxiety and an improvement in mood.
- CBD oil can be inserted directly into your dog food or on top of pet treats. Try a couple of drops first; then if you don’t see an improvement in an hour or so, try giving a few more drops. The whole point is to discover how many drops it takes to find your dog’s “sweet spot” for pain relief.
Hemp CBD could offer your pet some surprising beneficial effects! Do you want to learn more? Click here to read “How to use hemp CBD to alleviate pet anxiety.”