Have you heard of palmitoylethanolamide yet?
Also known as PEA, this is an anti-inflammatory ingredient that’s found in up-and-coming pain-relief products. “A large proportion of existing research into PEA is devoted to its analgesic properties. PEA has been investigated in pre-clinical models of inflammatory and neuropathic pain, and its efficacy has been demonstrated in clinical conditions including osteoarthritis and joint pain, neuropathic pain, post-operative pain, fibromyalgia and endometriosis,” confirms the International Journal of Molecular Sciences.
So what exactly is it? Well, it’s a natural fatty substance discovered in the 1950s, and it’s been studied since for its therapeutic effects. Here are a few things to know about it:
- PEA is naturally produced in the human body and it can be isolated from food such as eggs and soybeans.
- It’s an ingredient that works similarly to CBD. Although it’s NOT extracted from the hemp and cannabis plants, when used for therapeutic purposes it can target the endocannabinoid system.
- This healthy substance helps activate PPARs, which are receptors that guide our cell functions. When PPARs are activated, they can contribute to lowering pain in the body.
- PEA does not get you high, as it doesn’t contain THC. So if you want to approach pain relief without CBD and THC, PEA is an ideal substitute!
- “Several studies focused on the use of PEA in a multitude of chronic pain conditions. For example, it can have a beneficial effect like adjuvant for the treatment of the low back pain or it was used alone for chronic pain management in critically ill older patients, where the use of traditional analgesics can lead to high risk of adverse effect,” explains the journal Systematic Reviews.
At Canna Relief, PEA is available in the 18 PATHS ULTRA HERBAL PAIN RUB, click here to read more about it! This new formula combines Traditional Chinese Medicine herbs with PEA to promote fast-acting results. Place your order on our website or call 905-286-4420 today.
Clayton P, Hill M, Bogoda N, Subah S, Venkatesh R. Palmitoylethanolamide: A Natural Compound for Health Management. Int J Mol Sci. 2021 May 18;22(10):5305. doi: 10.3390/ijms22105305. PMID: 34069940; PMCID: PMC8157570.