If you’re looking for a nourishing supplement, consider hemp seeds or hemp seed oil!
Hemp seeds do not contain THC and CBD; rather, they contain other nutritional properties that could contribute to both improved skin and cardiovascular health. According to WebMD, “The many health benefits of hemp seed oil come from its high content of three polyunsaturated fatty acids: linoleic acid, alpha-linolenic acid, and gamma-linolenic acid. Additionally, its ratio of omega-6 (linoleic acid) to omega-3 (alpha-linolenic acid) fatty acids is 3:1.”
Hemp seeds and their extracted oil are considered dietary supplements. When orally consumed, hemp seeds have these beneficial effects:
- Pain relief
- Lessens inflammation
- Lowers blood pressure
- May help reduce “bad” cholesterol
So how do you consume hemp seeds? There are many options, which our Canna Relief educators can explain if you pop by our storefront! Here are some simple ways to consume hemp seeds:
- Capsules: cold-pressed hemp seed oil can be swallowed as a capsule
- Seeds sprinkled over food: also known as “hemp hearts”, hemp seeds can be sprinkled over salads, yogurt, ice cream, oatmeal, you name it! Not only does it add nutrition to your dish, it can provide you with a light, nutty flavour!
- Extracted oil: Use it as a substitute for cooking oil; or use it as salad dressing or drink it. WebMD reports that 1 tbsp of hemp seed oil contains a total of 125 calories.
- Topicals: if you need to soften your skin, hemp seed oil lotions could help with this. Hemp seed oil lotions won’t clog your pores when used topically, so you don’t need to worry about oil buildup if you use it on your body or face.
Hemp seed products are currently available at our storefront in Streetsville, Mississauga. Click here to see the hemp products we offer in-store and online or phone us at 905-286-4420 if you have questions.