From watching social media videos to streaming new health documentaries, who hasn’t heard of CBD?!
Cannibidol, also known as CBD, is a calming compound found in cannabis and hemp plants. These plants are so versatile that CBD can be used for various conditions and symptoms. Here are some facts you didn’t know about CBD:
- CBD can be consumed through various delivery methods: smoking, vaping, sublingual oils, capsules, edibles (i.e. gummies, tea) and can be used as topicals/creams.
- CBD may help relieve symptoms of age-related macular degeneration. According to author Earl Mindell, PhD, studies have shown that CBD and other cannabinoids have anti-inflammatory properties, may encourage new blood vessel growth, and could lower blood and ocular pressure.
- If you have a headache, use CBD to lessen the pain. During 2007, studies showed that people with chronic migraines tend to have low levels of cerebrospinal fluid, suggesting that an impaired endocannabinoid system may lead to consistent head pain.
- Got a hangover? Turn to CBD for help! Not only will CBD help relieve your hangover headache, it’ll also lessen any nauseating effects!
- CBD has anti-spasmodic properties. This means that CBD can be useful for alleviating symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), such as inflammation.
If you want to learn more about CBD, read “12 Fast Facts to Know About CBD.” Please visit us at our storefront, too! We’re located in Streetsville, Mississauga, at 133 Queen St. S.
Healing with Hemp CBD Oil: A Simple Guide to Using Powerful and Proven Health Benefits of CBD by Earl Mindell, 2017.