From bloating and cramping to moodiness and sleep problems, PMS symptoms can take a toll on life. But did you know some natural products may provide mind-body relief during PMS? Here are our recommendations:
- Manitoba Harvest Hemp Oil (60 softgels, $12.99): According to Healthline, “Certain fatty acids, such as gamma-linoleic acid… have anti-inflammatory effects that may help with PMS symptoms.” These hemp seed oil capsules by Manitoba Harvest contain gamma-linoleic acid and other omega acids; each capsule contains 1000mg of cold-pressed hemp seed oil. Take one softgel twice a day.
- Alterra Herbasante Joova hormone balance cream for women (50g, $29.99): Simply rub a pea-sized amount on your wrist three times a day to help alleviate cramping, breast pain, headaches and constipation. Contains homeopathic ingredients cuprum 3x, dioscorea villosa 12 ch, 15 ch, 30 ch, and folliculinum 9 ch.
- Koji Naturals Bubble Bath (240ml, $9.99): In 2013, a clinical study “indicated that lavender aromatherapy as a potential therapeutic modality could alleviate premenstrual emotional symptoms…” So why not indulge in a bath full of lavender? Check out Koji Naturals Bubble Bath in lavender, which is sulfate free and organic.
- Nature’s Way Wild Yam (100 capsules, $19.99): Further research is needed, though according to some herbal medicine practitioners, wild yam is anti-spasmodic, meaning “…that wild yam might be useful for reducing cramps and muscular pain related to premenstrual syndrome (PMS),” explains Medical News Today. Nature’s Way Wild Yam conveniently comes in supplemental form; take 2 capsules three times a day with food.
- Jamieson Natural Sources Calcium Magnesium (200 caplets, $19.99): Did you know that calcium levels can waver up and down through your menstrual cycles? And that some women with PMS may have low amounts of magnesium? This supplement provides you with both calcium and magnesium; take 1 caplet three times a day and before/after taking other medications.
All of the items listed above are available at our storefront in Streetsville, Mississauga. To see what else we carry at Canna Relief in Mississauga, click here to view our online shop.