Cannabidiol, also known as CBD, has so many benefits to your overall health, including pain relief and better mood. How much do you know about CBD? Here are some quick facts to know:
- Cannabidiol is derived from hemp or cannabis. Hemp has less than 0.3% THC; cannabis contains higher levels of THC.
- CBD is a calming, non-psychoactive phytocannabinoid that does NOT cause you to get high. If you have too much THC and you’re uncomfortable with the psychoactive effects, we recommend taking CBD to help alleviate the high.
- CBD has been shown to have non-addictive qualities. According to Earl Mindell, author of Healing with Hemp CBD Oil, “In an animal study, researchers found that the effects of CBD lasted as long as two weeks after it was administered, while methadone needed to be administered daily to be effective.”
- There are many ways to consume CBD. Sure, you can smoke or vape it from cannabis or an e-juice, but you can also ingest it as a tea, edible, or even a capsule. You can consume CBD through a sublingual oil or spray;or for localized pain, a topical infused with CBD may help. Just keep in mind that there are many delivery methods that cater to different preferences.
- There is a difference between full-spectrum CBD and CBD isolate. According to Tilray, “…full spectrum CBD oils can include other cannabinoids and terpenes…” Leafly explains CBD isolate as: “…a crystalline solid or powder that contains upwards of 99% pure CBD.”
- CBD may be an option for alleviating PMS symptoms because of its anti-inflammatory and muscle-relaxing properties.
- Those suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis may want to consider adding CBD to their health regime. According to Mindell, “CBD has been proven to stimulate bone regeneration and to provide protection to other bones in the skeletal system.”
If you want to learn more about hemp, cannabis and conditions that may benefit from cannabis, click here for more information. You’re also welcome to speak to a Canna Relief educator – call us at 905-286-4420.
Earl Mindell, Healing with Hemp CBD Oil, Square One Publishers, 2018.
“CBD from hemp versus CBD from cannabis,” by Tilray, viewed on August 17, 2019.
Leafly, “Buying CBD Isolate…” by Will Hyde, published on November 16, 2018, viewed on August 19, 2019.