With pandemic restrictions being lifted, many of us are returning to the office. This means no more daytime cuddles with the fur babies at home!
You might notice some changes in your dog as you go back into the workplace. Some signs of anxiety from your dog may include:
- Barking/howling when you’re out
- Excessive licking
- Frequent urination
- Pacing around the home
- Destroying home items, such as the sofa
So what can you do to help relieve dog anxiety? Here are a few tips:
- First, consult with your vet to determine any medical conditions. According to PetMD, “Your veterinarian will first want to rule out other conditions that might be causing the behavior, such as brain, thyroid or adrenal disease. Blood tests will rule out or confirm possible underlying medical conditions.”
- You could also consider speaking to a dog trainer. This is because, “You will need to help your dog with behavior modification exercises and teach your dog to relax in a variety of environmental settings. Encourage calmness when your dog appears distressed,” PetMD also advises.
- Before you leave home for work, tire your puppy out! A good-old fashion walk or run can boost serotonin levels in your pooch.
- Leave on calming music throughout the day. You can find a lot of relaxing doggy playlists on YouTube.
- Consider hemp CBD for encouraging relaxation. As we previously wrote in Can You Give Your Pet CBD Oil?, “Just like humans, dogs and cats have an endocannabinoid system, which brings homeostasis (or balance) to the body. The endocannabinoid system is affiliated with regulating multiple physiological reactions, including inflammation, mood, and immunity.” Hemp CBD works by promoting calming effects via the endocannabinoid system. Hemp CBD is also suitable for pets because it contains less than 0.3% THC; high-THC products can cause intoxications in pets.
As always, we remind our customers to speak to their vets if they have questions or concerns about their animals. If you need further advice on using hemp CBD for pet anxiety, we’re available to help. Educators are in store and ready to answer your questions. Click here to contact us today.